Directions to Flamingo Beach
Though you’ll be thousands of miles away from home, directions Flamingo Beach has never been easier, “watch the video”. You’ll be flying in to one of two airports: Daniel Oduber Quieros International Airport in Liberia, Guanacaste (LIR) and Juan Santamaria International Airport outside of San Jose (SJO). Flights into SJO are often less expensive than LIR; however, flying into San Jose means your several hours away from Playa Flamingo, while Liberia is just an hour away.
Before you book your ticket, we’ll help you figure out which route is best by giving you all your options. Getting here is simple, please follow the directions to Playa Flamingo and contact us with any questions.
Directions to FlamingoBeach and PlayaFlamingoVactionRentals.com head office has never been easier check out our video that gives you step-by-step landmarks to follow.
- As you exit the airport turn right on Route 21 south towards Santa Cruz. You will see sings for Comunidad, Filadelfia, Belen and Tamarindo.
- At Belen you will make a right on Route 155 west, there will be a gas station on your left you will go through Santa Ana, Coyolito, Lorena and approximately 20 minutes later you will see another gas station at El Llano.
- Continue along to the next town, which is Huacas, keep going straight following the signs to Playa Flamingo. Another landmark to look for is a super market called Super Compro on the right.
- Follow the signs to Playa Flamingo and turn right onto 180 north. Five to seven minutes later you will pass the entrance of the Westin. Continue and your next landmark will be a single lane bridge at Brasilito-little Brazil.
- Turn right Tikis bar restaurant continue until you come to a small shopping center Banco de Costa Rica or BCR, Super Masai and Banco National the surf spot.
- Continue along the road and you will see Playa Flamingo as you make the left turn where the ocean is. The new luxury Condominium project 360 Splendor Del Pacifico Residences is perched high on the north ridge of Playa Flamingo and is another notable landmark.
- Cross the one lane bridge, stay to your left, you will see the sign saying La Plaza, past La Plaza, Office will be on the Right hand side. 360flamingo.com and FlamingoBeachVacationRentals.com
Costa Rica Airport Information
Liberia International Airport is only an hour away from Playa Flamingo. Most people either book a private shuttle or a rental car to arrive at your destination. No matter which option you choose, let Flamingo Beach Vacation rentals make arrangements for you. Follow our easy to understand Directions to Flamingo Beach for more information.
Costa Rica’s larger airport is located just outside San Jose, and a 4+ hour drive to Playa Flamingo. Travelers will have a few options to get to the coast.
The fastest way to get to Playa Flamingo is to take a quick 50 minute flight from SJO to Tamarindo with on of our domestic airlines: NatureAir or Sansa. Here are a couple of quick pointers for booking a flight from either carrier:
- If booking through NatureAir, make sure you book a flight from SJO, and not (The Pavas airport is located on the other side of town).
- You’ll want at least two hours between your arrival into Costa Rica and the departure of the domestic flight. Three is even better.
- The NatureAir counter is located within the main terminal of SJO.
- The Sansa counter is located in a building adjacent to the main terminal.
Should you opt for the plane, please let us know so we can arrange ground transportation for you once you arrive to Tamarindo.
The next option to get to Playa Flamingo is booking a private shuttle with us. Our driver will be waiting at the exit to pick you up and bring you to your rental property. Let us know beforehand if you want to stop for a bite to eat or do some grocery shopping near the house. We’re always happy to accommodate our guests. Travelers can also opt to take a small shuttle or the public bus. Interbus and Grayline run an AM and a PM shuttle each.